Sort IP List

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:29:09 EDT 2018

Ok, now i'm curious about something.. I know its possible to designate
multiple keys to a single sort using the form..
sort lines of plist  by item 1 of each &  item 2 of each & item 3 of
each & item
4 of each
which works fine.
But changing it to..
sort lines of plist  ascending numeric by item 1 of each &  item 2 of each &
 item 3 of each & item 4 of each  -- reverse this for your desired sort
doesn't sort numerically (even if each key is forced to numeric with a + 0)

BTW, I had to go back to comments in an older version of LC to remember how
to do the multiple-key sorts.

Since it ignores the "numeric" part, if one limits ips to all 3 digit
numbers, the sort works as expected despite sorting as  alpha.

So my question is this.. Would it be a reasonable feature request to adjust
sort so that its multiple key format respects the numeric sort type?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:46 AM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <