Grabbing a widget

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jun 27 10:57:13 EDT 2018

Hi Richmond,

> Am 27.06.2018 um 16:50 schrieb Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> is problematic.
> I have an SVG widget called "h5" which I am trying to drag to a drop target,
> which should be easy-peasy, but isn't.
> LiveCode 8.1.8
> The widget contains this code:
> on mouseDown
>   grab me
> end mouseDown
> on mouseUp
>   if intersect(widget "h1", widget "h5",5) then
>      set the loc of widget "h5" to the loc of widget "h1"
>   else
>      set the loc of widget "h5" to 99,364
>      end if
> end mouseUp
> which is nothing spectacular.
> HOWEVER in Edit mode widget "h5" moves around with the mouse!
> It does NOT get grabbed on a MouseDown as it should.
>
> Richmond.

just ried this at home with LC 9, and it is even worse!

I added a SVG widget to a fresh stack and added this script:
on mouseDown
  grab me
end mouseDown

BUT, it moves with the mouse with the EDIT tool (no mousedown!), if it is selcted or not
and does nothing when I switch to POINTER tool and click until my wrist gets numb!?

Before I bug report it, anyone seeing this, too?

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major