8.1.10 Reporting the ScreenSize of a iPhone7: 0,0,375,667

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jun 23 10:44:56 EDT 2018

I enter a new handler into stack script

on resizestack pNewWidth, pNewHeight, pOldWidth, pOldHeight
    put pNewWidth  &&  pNewHeight  && pOldWidth &&  pOldHeight into it
    answer it with "OK"
 end resizestack

1) on switch on portrait to landscape (turn sideways) I get a resizeStack answer.
2) on switch on landscape back to portrait (turn phone upright)
   -- I get the same information as before (wrong...) tNewWidth is 736 when is should now to 414.
  -- just adding the resize hander break the screen redraw!

     Working version:

Go stack url "http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/BrowserLandscapeTest_r3.livecode"

      Not working:

go stack url "http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/BrowserLandscapeTest_r4.livecode"

so, this goes back in @Jacque comments a few days ago...and it is not only on Android,

" This is what I have:

on resizeStack x,y
   ANSWER X &COMMA& Y
   setupUI x,y
end resizeStack

The answer dialog appeared once on my first test (with no x,y values)
and all test builds after that never showed an answer dialog at all. The
setupUI handler also has an answer dialog for testing and I haven't seen
it even once.
"
 It not only does show the correct rect, it breaks (on iOS) the screen redraw....

BR wrote

    I wonder it you were to use resize handler, could you do with even less code? OR would the resize handler report the actual Zoomed In rect?   Have to test