merge()

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Fri Jun 15 21:58:46 EDT 2018

I think that as long as you control the string that is passed to merge you
should be fine.  But if the user were able to directly influence the string
that is passed to merge, then they certainly could inject something.

put the text of field 1 into tMerge
put merge(tMerge) into tDangerousUse
put merge("Field 1 contains: [[tMerge]]") into tSafeUse

So, I think your assumption is correct.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:06 PM, Mike Bonner via use-livecode <