Anything LiveCode Can Learn From GO

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Jun 14 11:24:07 EDT 2018

I would love to be able to start a thread that formatted a field that might be selected and made visible at a later date or have a scrolling field that could have the non-visible lines being formatted in another thread before you scroll down. Say you were going to a new card that required a DB query. You could have the card layout code and the query to a local DB running at the same time. Even with LCs message hierarchy multithreading could work. You could fire off a DB query thread and have a message sent to the main thread when complete. Inter thread communication would be key. That is where locking would be tricky to prevent dead locks.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net