scancodes

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:16:35 EDT 2018

Don't think of a key press and key release as if they should be 2 different
can codes, instead think of them as as being state changes.  Like a light.
Send power to the lightbulb, the light is on. Remove power from the bulb,
the light is off.  The bulb is still the same bulb.   Same with the
keyboard and keycodes.. The light is on! (key pressed)  The light is off!
(key released)  The identifier for the key (the scancode) remains the
same.  Or from a livecode perspective.. Click and hold a button and on
mousedown, report the target.  on mouseup, the same target is reported due
to a state change.  Click begun (mousedown)  click completed (mouseup).  So
no, the scancodes shouldn't be different.  (If you play with an arduino,
the same applies there.  Checking and changing pin states, setting a
voltage high, or low, but the pin assignment remains the same, only its
state changes from high to low, IE on to off)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <