PullDown Menu and the label

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jun 8 18:08:56 EDT 2018

Sorry  Iwas working on something else.

I may not have explained it well. I have a Pulldown Menu with these options:

Device Installation
Device Relocation
Firmware Update
Onsite Service
Remote Service
Software Installation
Other...

When no datagrid record is selected, I set the label of this menu to empty, because it is both a display object for the selected record in the datagrid, as well as an input object when editing the data.

Now the handler which "populates" the form will set the label to the value in the datagrid record corresponding to it. But when the user clicks the New button on the form, all the input objects/controls are initialized, and in the past I simply set the label of this button to empty. But now instead of leaving the object empty, I want to pre-populate it with the text, "Select the service type..." as a visula clue for the user.

When I set the label of the button to "Select the service type...", instead of displaying that text, it displays nothing, but in the property inspector, the label is actually set properly. Other menu buttons seem to work, and I thought this worked in the past, but now it seems not to.

I will throw a demo together later. I have to get a new employee and computer set up in AD before Monday Morning and I am running out of time. Thanks though for your interest and help. Best list ever!

Bob S