Obscure Object Referencing

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jun 7 11:54:56 EDT 2018

Hi all.

I just noticed by accident I can use something like this and it works:

dispatch populateRecord to group cDGName of stack cSubStack

cDGName is "dgDevices" and cSubstack is "Devices". Notice the absence of a card reference! Apparently, even though the owner of the datagrid group is the card it's on, this doesn't matter to the parser! I wonder what would happen if I had another card with a datagrid with the same name on it, if it would reference that datagrid if it was the currentCard of that stack, or if it would reference the first datagrid in the stack with that name? I think I'll give it a try!

Bob S