Area of regular polygon triangles

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:04:42 EDT 2018

If you need to use the box method, and the control rect isn't perfect,  it
might be easier to create the rect on your own.  Go through the points and
find the topmost, left most, rightmost, bottom most coordinates and that
gives you your box.  Alternatively, if you just want the area and don't
care how you get it the equation is pretty straightforward.

area
=
(
−
)
+
(
−
)
+
(
−
)
2
where Ax and Ay are the x and y coordinates of the point A etc..   I have a
stack that does this while dragging points around, it works well enough.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 5:14 PM, David Epstein via use-livecode <