THOUGHT: the [effective] [working] screenLoc

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Jun 4 15:51:37 EDT 2018

Okay, we're making progress:

2 people (Paul and Ralph) think having "the [effective] [working]
screenLoc" might be a useful addition for the language for the likely
effort to add it
2 people (Bob and Jacqueline) think that it is simple enough (which it
is) to write your own function for this it is not worth the effort to
add to the engine

So far we have a tie.

And, Jacqueline, screen resolutions can be changed dynamically on
Windows (can't remember off the top of my head if the same is true for
OSX). This changes the screenLoc. We also have customers who use
multiple monitors, unplug them abruptly, change screen resolutions
dynamically (say to connect to a projector) and so on, so are trying to
make use of LC features like the desktopChanged message to recheck
screen sizes and adjust windows in our app accordingly or re-position
windows or recenter dialogs when a monitor is removed suddenly. Some
user have "fat" taskbars (a lot of open stuff on them since the Windows
toolbar can be resized)  and the center of the working screen area is
decidedly not the center of the current resolution of the primary
monitor. In fact, the Windows taskbar can be resize to take up half the
primary screen by the user (we have NOT had any one do that - YET)