Text with accented characters

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 02:50:11 EDT 2018

For what it's worth glyph 226 (Hex E2) in Unicode has a â (a
circumflex), and glyph 232 (Hex E8)

has a è ( e grave): so your initial font seems Unicode compliant

Here's a good place to check this sort of thing:

https://www.unicode.org/charts/

(this is, in some respects, my spiritual home on the internet).

Now: knowing that that font is Unicode compliant you should be able to
transform things

back and forth between characters and numbers using numToCodePoint and
codePointToNum.

I'm not sure why you are having trouble importing these characters.

A 'trick'  is to do something like this:

set the unicodeText of field "fiddlyDo" to the unicodeText of WHATHAVEYER.

Richmond.