UTF8 on LC server

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Fri Jun 1 06:53:33 EDT 2018

Hi Mark,

Here is the script. The files I'm using are
bamboobabies.com/getjapanesetext.lc, and the text it is getting
is bamboobabies.com/news.txt.

In the script, there are two lines reading the text file that
I've taken turns commenting out....

If you can give me any hints, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Selander

<?lc put header "Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
     <head>
charset=UTF8">
         <title>workbench</title>
     </head>

<?lc
--This line loads readable japanese text, but putting char 500 to
550 breaks beginning and ending kanji
put url "http://bamboobabies.com/news.txt" into vText

--When this line is used, none of the put text is readable
--put textDecode(url "binfile:bamboobabies.com/news.txt",
"utf-8") into vText

put line 1 of vText

put "<BR><BR><BR><BR>"

put char 500 to 550 of vText