LiveCode Server on CentOS 6?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Tue Jul 31 06:34:43 EDT 2018

Thanks Martin (& Brian). It transpires that the VPS in question only has CentOS 6 OS option, even if recreated - so the OS is a given for the short term, pending replacement / upgrade discussions with the hosting provider, which are not my call.

One option to get underway might be to deploy an earlier version of LC Server that can both:
Run happily under Linux with GLIBC at 2.12
Use LC9-compatible stacks - so I can develop on my desktop and deploy.

I just hope these criteria aren’t mutually exclusive!

I’m not sure when stack change hit LC server or where to discover that.

Before I start working backwards through server downloads to read the release notes, could anyone please perhaps nominate a likely contender release to target first?

Thanks & regards,
Keith