LiveCode Server on CentOS 6?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Mon Jul 30 02:40:18 EDT 2018

> First question (an admittedly ignorant one, but I haven't spent much time in the CentOS community):  Why does their package manager not automatically keep system components current?

CentOS 6 is not the latest version (and will be unsupported from 2020), so I guess there are dependencies that require moving to CentOS 7 for more recent components.

> Second question: If the first question cannot be resolved easily, what is the advantage of CentOS for this project over Ubuntu or Debian?

Convenience - it just happens to be the OS of the VPS hosting a Wordpress website, with capacity & a wildcard SSL certificate on the domain, where I was thinking about using LC to add some web services in a subdomain.

Apparently the VPS can be destroyed and recreated on CentOS 7 but I have no confidence I can ensure any backup of the existing config & services will magically come back to life on CentOS 7 core seamlessly.

Best,
Keith