LiveCode Server on CentOS 6?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Sun Jul 29 06:28:08 EDT 2018

Thanks Warren (& Richard) - this probably is the blocker, as this particular VPS is definitely running 2.12

Google suggests that I can’t (or at least shouldn't attempt to) upgrade CentOS 6 with a later glibc version, given its central role.

Apparently there are workarounds to install an additional, later version of glibc - as an option, alongside the OS version - in such a way that it gets called session by session, when needed (i.e. for LC Server use). However, after failing to complete a couple of these, it's clear but that this is way beyond my Linux chops to sort.

So, it looks like server migration / rebuild will need to be on the critical path or it’s a dead-end for experimenting with LC Server for this particular project.

Thanks
Keith