Checking if internet is connected using tsNet?

bob at bobhall.net bob at bobhall.net
Sat Jul 28 15:06:09 EDT 2018

A little late to the respond on this but I’d send a HTTP HEAD request. You will get a 200 response back with no data if you have an http connection to the url you specify. You could use your own server to send the request to but it is common to use a well known service such as google to send the HEAD request to also.

The Liveocde lesson at the link below shows how you can send a DELETE request using tsNetCustomSync. You’ll have to modify the script slightly to work for the HEAD request.

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/856543-how-to-send-a-custom-http-request-using-the-tsnet-external <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/856543-how-to-send-a-custom-http-request-using-the-tsnet-external>

Bob Hall