Data Persistence

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 27 18:43:39 EDT 2018

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Richard wrote " If that native form is an array, there may be no need
 > to do anything more than what LC already gives us straight out of the
 > box."
 >
 > I have been toying with this for some time, but like Alex said..
 >
 > "I just wish there was a human-readable, human-editable-in-a-text-
 > editor variant of LSON :-)"
 >
 > Keeps me in JSON

How often do you hand-edit array data?

Even JSON was found too cumbersome for efficient human reading/writing,
so YAML came along to fill that gap where human editing of raw data is a
priority.

One of the great things about computing in the 21st century is that we
have so many options to choose from, selecting the best fit for the
balance of human editing vs runtime efficiency as a given project requires.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems