Datagrids and Nested Behaviors

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 20 23:12:25 EDT 2018

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > This is NOT the current normal behavior.
 >
 >> On Jul 20, 2018, at 17:13 , Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> This is a normal setup:
 >>
 >>     [ DataGrid ]
 >> [ Standard DG Behavior ]
 >

 > THIS is:
 >
 >>     [ DataGrid ]
 >> [ Old behavior button (now empty) ]
 >> [ new behavior script only stack (now with the old script) ]

Thank you, Bob. Sad to see another confusing legacy element creep into a
system designed for ease of use, but understandable under the circumstances.

With that mystery solved, I'm still at a loss to understand how
attaching a behavior further out in the message path doesn't affect
everything attached to the behavior before it.

Given this setup with multiple data grids, in which we want custom
behavior for DG 1 and DG 2:

      [ DG 1 ]    [ DG 2 ]    [ DG 3 ]
           V          V        V
      [ Old behavior button (now empty) ]

[ new behavior script only stack (now with the old script) ]

           [ Custom Behavior Script ]

...how can the Custom Behavior Script affect only DG 1 and DG 2 but not
DG 3?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems