LiveCode server IDE - the current state of the art?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 20 18:45:56 EDT 2018

Hi Keith,

what I do in the 20 lines isn't very much - most of the work is done
elsewhere.

I do have a couple of places I don't use revIgniter. Here's a sanitized
version of what I use there as LC Server script (NB I have sanitized it
before sending, so there could be typos here - I haven't test it in
exactly this form)

As you'll see, I keep my standard libraries in a folder
"libraryscripts", and then individual sites can over-ride those in a
folder "user/libraryscripts", and can have additional scripts in
"user/scripts". In an  earlier version I loaded all scripts found in
these folders; for now I specify which ones I want, but I think I might
at some point go back to loading every script I find as a librarystack.

I'll have a look at the synch utility to see if it can be similarly
sanitized and shared.

-- Alex.

<?lc
-- DO NOT USE include OR in-line STATEMENTS or you will lose ability to
use IDE Tester App
-- NB include siteConfig.lc for site specific content

if there is a file ("user/libraryscripts/main_script.livecode") then
   put ("user/libraryscripts/main_script.livecode") into tt
else
   put ("libraryscripts/main_script.livecode") into tt
end if
start using stack tt

repeat for each word W in "common forms arrayjson" -- the libraries I
always need
   put W & "_script.livecode" into tFile
   if there is a file ("user/libraryscripts" & tFile) then
     put ("user/libraryscripts/" & tFile) into tt
   else
     put ("libraryscripts/" & tFile) into tt
   end if
   start using stack tt
end repeat

put "user/scripts/siteConfig.lc" into tt
if there is a file tt then
   start using stack tt
   siteConfig
end if