Sender of send in time

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Sat Jul 14 19:07:29 EDT 2018

> On Jul 13, 2018, at 1:26 AM, hh via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
>> Bob S. wrote:
>> Something in my scripts is sending a selectionChanged message in
>> time to a specific datagrid when it shouldn't. How do I determine
>> the sender of a send in time message?
>
> Simply use a a parameter:
>
> send "selectionChanged <yourParam>" to <target> in <time>
>
> where <yourParam> identifies the sender.

Or, if you don’t want to create such parameters to identify your senders, you could use the executionContexts:

    send "selectionChanged item 2 of line -1 of the executionContexts" to <target> in <time>

Or, if you want to reduce clutter in your many senders, you could just:

    send "selectionChanged the executionContexts" to <target> in <time>

— Dick