Docker

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:40:29 EDT 2018

Mostly i'm looking to learn how things work, but the end goal is to a) have
a front lc based controller (httpd) that can hand off jobs to a pool of
docker "processors," and getting a handle on how to dynamically spin up
more instances based on demand.  (kubernetes?)  I don't know enough yet to
use the right words.  I could do all this exploration without lc, but it is
so much easier to put together whatever processors I want in lc, so that I
can spend most of my (limited) energy focusing on the docker side.

One thing I may try to set up..  I have an old HP z800, with 24 possible
threads, and I also have most of the (english) files from project
gutenberg. I'd like to process and index all those files into a searchable
database, using 24 docker images at once, each assigned to a core.  IE take
advantage of my knowledge of LC, while at the same time, bypassing its
single thread limitations.

I have a similar goal with a bunch of climate data from
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools that I want to use to calculate
worldwide temperature trends.  (Both of these things, as well as all the
docker stuff are over my head right now, but maybe I can close that gap.)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 2:38 PM Tom Glod via use-livecode <