9.01 RC-1 Standalone Builder

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Jul 10 14:00:22 EDT 2018

I take to Trevor's  method of keep a second instance of LC open, and using it to build standalone.

That way we avoid

  1.  Making changes in  scripts.
  2.  Saving them
  3.  Have to "old versions" magically re-appear after building a standalone.

I have got around to a recipe. But it go so "bad" in 9.0 that I stopped development.

Now:  The PDF of Release Notes for 9.01.RC-1  give the following "breaking change"

Do in now solve the above problem?

Standalone Building

The standalone builder has always needed to close the stacks it builds for reasons pretty deeply

ingrained in the code. However this causes a few problems, for example:

values in script locals become empty

behaviors are broken when the parent script is on / in a stack which closes

As an attempt to improve this situation, the code that locks messages when closing and opening

stacks for standalone builds has been removed. This means that where previously mainstacks

LiveCode 9.0.1-rc-1 Release Notes 7/9/18

2

would not receive openStack and closeStack messages during standalone build, they now do.

If this causes problems for your stack, you can exit from the handler if standalone building is in

progress:

on closeStack

if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then

exit closesStack

end if

end closeStack

LiveCode