doMenu

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Tue Jul 10 06:50:17 EDT 2018

If you are writing all of the code yourself, then it should not be a problem knowing what the handler sparked by the menu item should do.Here is how I teach my students to structure their code when they want the user to be able to perform the same action from various controls:

In the stack script:

on makeNewGraphic
  set the style of the templateGraphic to polygon
  create graphic "zzz"
  set the points of grc «zzz" to fld "PTZ"
end makeNewGraphic

Script in the button:

on mouseUp
    makeNewGraphic
end mouseUp

Script in the menu:

on menuPick pItem
  switch pItem
    case «Make new graphic»
	makeNewGraphic
        break
    default  #or other cases
        Do something else
        break
end menuPick

This way you only need to know what you would like the button or the menu item to do, and call the appropriate handler for this.

Regards
Tore