doMenu

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Tue Jul 10 05:07:02 EDT 2018

> 10. jul. 2018 kl. 10:43 skrev Richmond via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Is it possible to send a *doMenu* command to a menu item several levels down?
>
> Such as *Object/New Control/Radio Button* ?
>
> Richmond.

I cannot answer your question about the sending of doMenu to items in a hierarchy, but this seems to me to be a situation where you would be better off placing the actual handler for what you would like to do in the stack script. Then all it takes is a call to this handler, be it from the menu item or from somewhere else. This way you do not need to send a doMenu command at all. This is how I teach my students to structure their code.

Regards
Tore Nilsen