AES-256 Encryption Best Practices

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Tue Jul 3 22:02:15 EDT 2018

 The problem is that with a known IV and the code, the next IV can be
predicted if using the random function. If the generator was reseeded every
time an IV was generated, that would remove the advance prediction issue. I
didn't mean that the first IV could be guessed.  Exploitation would be
difficult and I believe even requires the attacker to be able to inject
plain text to be encrypted.

On Jul 3, 2018, 1:24 PM -0400, Rick Harrison via use-livecode <