discrepancy between official device metric and LC stack size

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed Jan 31 20:18:51 EST 2018

Nicolas,

Does that device have "old hardware keys" soft buttons on the bottom? On
some devices this is shown if the manifest does not include some key that
says your app no longer needs the "old hardware keys". Android has been
phasing the hardware keys out. Setting this key in the manifests not an
option on the Android standalone setting. Looking at my code I see I use
"the rect of this card" to account for the soft keys but not the keyboard.
To account for the keyboard and soft "old hardware keys":

put 0 into tLeft

put 0 into tTop

put item 3 of the effective working screenrect - item 1 of the effective
working screenrect into tRight

put item 4 of the effective working screenrect - item 2 of the effective
working screenrect into tBottom

This has been working for me on both iOS and Android.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net