Feature proposal: mobileActualAllowedOrientations?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jan 27 21:34:43 EST 2018

J. Landman Gay wrote:

    If the alternative is to only have a tiny
    misrepresentation of a landscape-only stack, do we want the behavior
    changed? How do other apps, like some games, handle this situation?

What Ralph said: Android bug… I think the question then becomes  "how do other apps, like some games, handle this situation on Android?" My guess is (to say the obvious) they will render "sideways"  at the time they are opened and regardless of orientation.

Confirmed here with our puzzle on iOS. I just locked my phone to portrait. tapped on the link to open the puzzle and it auto set to full landscape (0,0 at lower left corner) and rendered vertically with the left side of the stack on the bottom of the screen.  And yes, on my pixel, it renders left to right in a "tiny" form.. until you actually turn your phone sideways.

@Richard, I confirmed at bug 20916,

BR