Good pinch-to-zoom in image object?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jan 27 19:01:16 EST 2018

On 27/01/2018 22:51, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> All this has me wondering:  Have you ever seen a mobile app that
> displays images but *doesn't* support pinch-to-zoom?

Ummm - on IOS I can think of  (I've just re-tested these to be certain):
Facebook
WhatsApp
kind of ... Instagram
     (it zooms - but then shrinks back as soon as you release, so it's
barely usable, unlike other apps which hold the zoom level and allow you
to move the zoomed image around)

and also I believe, Amazon App (I can't retest it now - I was so
annoyed/disappointed with the app that I deleted it for various reasons
- but I am sure inability to zoom properly was one of them). Now, on IOS
I only use Amazon through Safari  - and even then Amazon doesn't show
all the info available on a laptop, unless you specifically tell
Safari/IOS to pretend to be desktop version).

But - yes, I absolutely agree - 'zoomable' would be a useful property.
-- Alex.