Print cards difference between Mac and Win

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jan 27 14:31:45 EST 2018

On 1/27/18 2:19 AM, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve made a stack (on macos) that print a card in pdf.
> I set the printMargins to 0,0,0,0
> I print the card "into 0,0,595,842" (the rect of the card)
>
> To test i set the printCardBorders to true
>
> On a mac, it’s perfect, the borders are at the limit of the « pdf paper », if i create a standalone and open it on Windows and « print » the card in pdf, the right border is 1 cm from the edge and the lower border is not visible on the paper.
>
> what did I miss?

The printout (both paper and PDF) uses the local printer setup
parameters to determine how to position the page. Probably the Windows
default printer settings are different from those on the Mac. Many/most
printers cannot print within a certain margin from the page edges
(usually about 1/8 to 1/4 inch) so it sounds like the current page setup
for the default Windows printer is doing that. At any rate, compare the
Mac page setup dialog with the one on Windows to see if you can spot
differences.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com