OT - What linux do you recommend for older PCs?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Jan 23 08:00:42 EST 2018

Thanks to all for your thoughts and comments.

My first try now was Lubuntu 17.10.1, Installation was quick and easy, but unfortunately there seems to be a bug in it which affects my graphic card
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1724639 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1724639>

Problem is that after startup 80% of the screen are shown black. I need to hibernate the system and wake it up again to get the whole screen shown.

In a next step and when i have again some spare time i will try 16.04, if this is also not working then i will again “say good bye” to Linux as i did already some years ago and will move on with Mac OS X and Windows.
At least for some time.  Linux and me - some kind of a love-hate. ;)

Matthias