Anyone using a third-party update tool for LC-originated desktop apps?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Jan 22 12:32:04 EST 2018

Trevor, this is great stuff! I will now study it very carefully. I absolutely agree that there should be some kind of standard solution offered to LC developers. I’ve been saying for a long time that deployment is really the big issue for developers who have signed up to, and wish to depend on, LiveCode. Other topics under this heading include:

- code signing;
- installer production
- uninstallers to get rid of hidden files (neither the Mac nor the Windows built-in uninstall processes do a good job, not sure about mobile)
- workaround advice for users faced with aggressive anti-malware software that threatens to reject anything new
- uploading to servers using FTP clients

I’ve had to tackle all these, and I know there’s more, for example submission to the various app stores out there..

Anyway I’m about to start another chapter of my education!

Thanks again

Graham