use-livecode Digest, Vol 172, Issue 22

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Jan 16 06:17:28 EST 2018

On 2018-01-16 05:13, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
> The code for MacOS is simpler (the 2 put's following the itemdel are
> not
> needed, the format name is "public.html", not sure about Linux).  I
> copied
> the above code in LC and then clicked the button to fix it before
> pasting
> here.
>
> Changing the tags is probably a good thing to do in the engine code.
> I'm
> not so sure about the spaces though.

We can't change the tags for 'htmlText' - i.e. LiveCode's html-like
styled text representation as many people process it by looking for 'p'
tags. However, we could add a 'real' HTML converter for the clipboard
which could use 'div'.

I wonder if the space issue is solved by using an xml:space="preserve"
attribute?

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps