use-livecode Digest, Vol 172, Issue 22

Richard Burkett richard.burkett at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 10 17:56:39 EST 2018

Thank you, Paul!
I finally got this to work in my test stack using the script below. Note that it has the change to “set the rawClipBoardData to empty” instead of just “set the ClipBoardData to empty” - that seemed to be necessary at least in LC 8.1.3 with Mac OS X 10.12.8 Sierra which I have to use as my scripts of my main app don’t compile or run correctly at this point with more recent versions of LiveCode (but that’s another issue).

on mouseUp
   put fld "myField" into tClip
   lock the clipBoard
   set the ClipboardData to empty
   set the ClipboardData to tClip
   put the clipboardData["text"] into tClip
   set the rawclipBoardData to empty
   if the platform is "MacOS" then
      set the rawClipboardData["public.utf8-plain-text"] \
            to textEncode(tClip, "UTF-8" )   -- OSX
   else if the platform is "Linux" then
      set the rawClipboardData["text/plain;charset=utf-8"] \
            to textEncode(tClip, "UTF-8" ) -- Linux
   else if the platform contains "Win" then
      set the rawClipboardData["CF_UNICODE"] \
            to textEncode(tClip, "UTF-16" ) -- Windows
   end if
   unlock the clipBoard
end mouseUp

Quietly laughing here as I had to copy the script from LC script editor to text edit to avoid having double spacing!

Richard

Richard Burkett
richard.burkett at sbcglobal.net