OT: Why I Probably Will Never, Ever Learn HTML%

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 15:22:49 EST 2018

Well, that page is like most computer manual pages: written in pompous,
over-jargonised language.

I am 100% sure that what that page actually covers up is fairly straight
forward.

I just had a look at Danny Goodman's "The Complete HyperCard 2.2" and
realised
that its 1144 pages could be "boiled down" to about 200: one of the many
reasons
why I have never managed to read more than a page at a go.

My wife and I have been reading through Plato's Republic recently: now
there's
a book that is easy to read, contains a lot of sense, and is still valid
about 2,500
years after it was written.

People who write programming guides should attend writing seminars first
and
be required to read texts that say what they have to say in a clear way
that does
not obfuscate everything with fancy words and obscure phrases.

Richmond.