Do widgets support introspection?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:16:40 EST 2018

I have to admit, having parsed the results of revIDEPropertiesInfo and
looked at   <property name="timeZone" get="optional number" set="optional
number"/>, it took me more than a few tries at:

set the timeZone of widget "clock" to 1
set the timeZone of widget "clock" to 5
set the timeZone of widget "clock" to 9

...etc. before I noticed that the second hand was glitching slightly and
tried

set the timeZone of widget "clock" to 3600

In the words of Gru, "Light bulb."

That said, there doesn't seem to be any info in either place that would
have led me in this direction, or more importantly, to specify acceptable
vs. unacceptable values for something like this. TBD?