Object layers

Heather Laine heather at livecode.com
Wed Jan 10 04:38:48 EST 2018

Hello Christer.

This list is a community. It is friendly, helpful, and there is a certain amount of chat. When that chat becomes excessive, I do ask members to curtail it, however nothing in this thread in any way contravenes the spirit of this list. You were offered some helpful advice. Another list member asked for assistance in reading the emails and received it. I continue to be amazed and thankful for the warm spirit of helpfulness and friendliness in this community, freely given.

This list runs on mailman. Its pretty old software, but many people here prefer it to moving to the forums and reading mail there. As long as mailman continues to function, I imagine the list will continue to be here. It has limitations. Threading doesn't always work well (depending on email client). We are not responsible for third party archives such as nabble or how they behave. Replies to your email may become attached to different threads if the subject is changed or the responder uses a different client/mail sorting method. I'm not sure if you were expecting direct replies to your personal mail? This isn't typically how it works, if you post to the list responses will go to the list, and be available to help other users at a later date.

As always, politics, religion and cheese remain off limits. Please avoid quoting the entire thread when replying to a topic, just retain enough to make sense. Friendly advice on relevant topics is always welcome - and a little bit of chit chat oils the wheels and makes it all more human.

Best Regards to all,

Heather

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager