text encoding problem Mac to iOS?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sat Jan 6 12:57:15 EST 2018

Hi Hermann

> Am 06.01.2018 um 18:49 schrieb hh via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> You use the clipboard with different objects.
> These objects may have different default font settings and
> different default text encodings.
> And these default fonts may have different sets of glyphs missing.
>
> Possibly you mave have also to encode the text that you paste.
>
>> lock the clipboard
>> set the rawClipboardData["public.utf8-plain-text"] \
>>      to textEncode("äöüÄÖÜß", "UTF-8" ) -- OSX
>> unlock the clipboard

not sure I can follow, I did the copy in the IDE!

No scripting, copying, pasting or anything else in the standalone,
it immediately looks like this way after the app started up in the simulator.

Am I really talking chinese (specivo Mandarin)? :-D

I uploaded the stack here if someone likes to take a look:
<http://major-k.de/test1.livecode.zip>

Best

Klaus
--