Cancel browser widget navigation?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jan 5 11:55:23 EST 2018

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 10:45 AM, hh via use-livecode <

> > > So, how should this work without using a lot of JavaScript (eventually
> > > changing libbrowser)?
> >
> > The same way that browserLoadRequest works for the iOS mobile browser. If
> > you don’t pass the message then the url isn’t loaded.
>
> This works from a WYSIWYG editor?

I assume it would work from any link clicked on in the mobile browser. In
the case of the mobile browser control on iOS webView notifies the instance
when the browser is being asked to load a url. The implementor (LiveCode in
this case) can say yes or no. LiveCode is dispatching the
browserLoadRequest message so that we can determine if the url should be
loaded using LCS. If we define the browserLoadRequest message in LCS but
don’t pass it then LiveCode tells webView not to load the url.

It would be nice to be able to do the same thing using the browser widget.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps