The coming of SVG

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jan 5 11:54:44 EST 2018

On 2018-01-05 17:21, Bleiler, Timothy via use-livecode wrote:
> I’ve been testing this a little and I’ve run into some files that
> don’t render correctly.
>
> I’ve attached a simple example I found on the internet  that contains
> this info about how it was created - Generator: Adobe Illustrator
> 22.0.1, SVG Export Plug-In . SVG Version: 6.00 Build 0).
>
> When I tried to display this in the image control as described, I get
> just an outline of the drawing filled black. I’m using Mac OS with
> Livecode 9.0.0 (dp 11)
>
> Have I missed a critical part of the process or should this be filed as
> a bug?

Please do file a bug with the SVG attached as an example.

In this case, it isn't working correctly because that SVG uses a <style>
element, and then 'class' attributes on elements to provide their fill
styles. The SVG compiler doesn't (as yet) understand <style> elements
(which are embedded CSS style sheets).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps