Cancel browser widget navigation?

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Fri Jan 5 10:01:54 EST 2018

> Trevor D. wrote:
> Other than injecting javascript into each web page that cancels clicks on
> links, is there a way to cancel user clicks on links in a browser widget?

1. Cancel while navigating:
Catch the "current" htmltext:

on browserNavigateBegin
     set the currentHTML of me to the htmltext of me
end browserNavigateBegin

Then cancel with
set the htmltext of widget 1 to the currentHTML of widget 1.

If the navigation is fast this is the same as navigating back.

2. Don't do the navigation in the widget but later on in browsers:
Not really from a widget property. But you could use an attribute that the
widget can't do: to open a new window. This works in "hhTextEditBasic".

set the htmltext of widget 1 to