lineHeight different Mac vs. Windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 1 17:23:58 EST 2018

On 1/1/18 2:39 AM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:
> My page layout is fixed — no user settings of font face or size. Also the card height doesn’t have room for text fields to get taller. And there was the design decision not to show scroll bars.
>
> Text also often has “widows” at the bottom of the field when the text was formatted for Mac but is displayed in Windows. Thus my desire to adjust the Windows text to get it to flow similarly to the Mac (where it was authored).

The old-school method was to find a font size and textheight that
matches what you see on Mac, and on preOpenStack, set the text
properties based on platform.

It used to be that Windows fonts displayed larger and/or wider than the
same-named Mac fonts. That may have changed recently; my client says
Windows fonts are smaller now. At any rate, do some experimentation on
Windows to see if you can adjust the flow using textsize and textheight,
or by experimenting with different fonts.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com