screenloc not actually centered after changing scalefactor (was Screen Resolution for Desktop Apps)

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 13:55:40 EST 2018

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Nicolas Cueto via use-livecode <

> To do "some calculations", I thought of comparing the loc to the
> scalefactor. So ran the standalone on three devices, but saw no consistent
> corelation between the differing locs and the scalefactor.
>
> I took a stab at it a few years ago, and failed.

I found no coherent relationship between the location on my iMac screen and
what livecode reported once I changed  the scaleFactor of the stack.  With
each 10% increase, the stack seems to move (usually) right, and also up or
down, possibly causing the menubar to be above the screen.

I also see an intermittent issue that livecode things the mouse pointer is
about an inch higher on the screen than it is, but the horizontal seems
correct.  This also seems be be limited to browse rather than select mode.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462