Internet checking?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Feb 28 18:40:03 EST 2018

Here is a script I use. A lot of this stuff won't make sense because it is part of my interface with sqlYoga, but the core is a repeat loop where I open a socket to the server, then check if the socket is among the lines of the openSockets. If it is I exit the repeat loop and close the socket, then return true, otherwise I wait 1 second, then try again. After 5 failed attempts I alert the user and offer to try again (2 repeat loops) until t he user cancels in which case I exit to top.

This has worked fairly well for me. On the flip side I religiously ensure I close the database connection after I am done with it, but of course you are using it to access a file. Same principle though.

Bob S