Question about the result

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Feb 27 16:30:22 EST 2018

This is a long standing gripe by some. Many functions return empty if no error was encountered. As previously mentioned, if you were able to contact a URL and it returned data, then from the engine's perspective, there was no error.

Some have suggested a feature/fix to the result that it would always return something, instead of just empty, but that would require a great deal of refactoring by everyone who's code checks the result in any way. That kind of change is like pulling the last tooth from a ravenous lion. Who will perform the surgery, and then suffer the ire of the general LC community?

There would have to be some other variable that was returned instead, like the realresult or the extendedresult (extresult) or the result ["successmsg"].

Bob S