widget properties

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Mon Feb 26 00:02:45 EST 2018

Looking at the source, when a stack is saved, here is the general flow for
an individual widget (widget.cpp):

OnSave called to get internal widget state (array)
Write uint1 OT_WIDGET to indicate a widget
Save the object state
Save the widget kind
Save the internal widget state
Save the property sets

Suggestion is to add the object state ($object) and property sets ($props)
to the existing export array.

Once the object state function was in place, most of the work to add other
classic controls would already be done.

The couple of OnLoad handlers that I’ve looked into seem to handle extra
data fine since it is just ignored. It gets lost on save though. This is
some of the things that came to light when vertical was added to the
segmented control. This should not have any impact to this idea.