widget properties

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Sat Feb 24 18:56:03 EST 2018

@Ali... I’ve been mulling over the very idea of extending the export
mechanism. What I would propose is to add an $object key that would contain
the engine related things required to recreate the widget. The same could
be done for any LC object (using $kind to identify the classic
control/object type or possibly just “classic control”). Possibly more than
one additional key. In theory, you could export a whole stack as an array
this way.

The export code currently just processes widgets, but a modification there
would not be that difficult. The functions used to load/save an object
would need mirror functions to load/return an array. Once that is done,
things higher up would need similar treatment (card/stack). I just have not
had the time to sit down and try to implement my thoughts.