LiveCode Widget Factory

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 16:10:50 EST 2018

Hello LiveCoders,

I hope all is going well. As Kevin announced before...Gurgen, myself, the
DP team and the FANTASTIC  LiveCode team [providing wonderful support] are
working on creating LCB widgets that will catapult the LC platform and
improve productivity.

I have been in touch with a few people to get their ideas and needs, but I
wanted to reach out and check with the community. At first, we have decided
to focus these for round one:

Basic Native UI elements
Native Maps
Voice to Text
Bluetooth Device Connection
Beacons
Security/Fingerprint
Playing sound/music in the background when the phone sleeps like Spotify or
iTunes.

For Phase Two we are looking at...
BarCode Scanner & Maker
Charts
iCal like Calendar [Day, Week, Month, Year]
Clipboard for mobile

We are mostly looking at creating many UI elements and functionality that
is native and not accessible now and other widgets that will save days of
coding by grouping functionality into one simple widget [with the difficult
code encapsulated].

A few of the controls will be open sourced but the vast majority will be
for sale at a reasonable price. Sorry, Gurgen and Team don't work for free
and my landlord does not have an open source building, so please save the
digital trees with replies of why we should be open source.

We are excited and will be working VERY hard. Good News, DP was VERY
successful at the Seaside Summit in UEA. We also have two LiveCode based
startups selected to be profiled at Collision Conference
https://collisionconf.com in April. One App is coded for Android, iOS,
Windows, MacOS, LINUX local Server & TV HDMI output and a big LiveCode
Server implementation for the cloud. It uses TCP, UDP, HTTPS, and SFTP
protocols. Extensive encryption and a distributed network that will have
200,000 simultaneous global users. WOW...all of this with one code base -
that is the power of LiveCode.

--DP & LC teams