Text Styles: Expanded, condensed

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 04:02:54 EST 2018

That reference is all about htmlText . . .

Having a look at Revolution Media Build 950 Version 4.0.0 on Mac OS
10.7.5 . . .

[Not as daft as I look: always a good idea to hang onto old, licensed
versions.]

I found this:

set the textStyle of line 1 of field "Main" to condensed

So; like Hank Wangford in search of "the Lonesome Yodel" I climbed onto
Rosinanti #2 and set forth:

4.5: still there.

7.1.4: gone.

That looks like a deliberate choice.

Mind you, doing this in RR 4.5:

set the textStyle of fld "gg" to condensed

is horrible: it does NOT condense the text at all,
merely  makes things look like something bitmapped from about 1996.

Opening the stack containing a field with condensed text that I authored
in RR 4.5 in LC 8.1.9
is interesting insofar as:

the text in fld "gg" does NOT look condensed, BUT on doing this in the
Message Box:

put the textStyle of fld "gg"

I get "condensed" . . .

A bad case of 'The Phantom of the Opera'.

Best, Richmond.