Did numberFormat Break?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Feb 15 12:54:41 EST 2018

Thanks Klaus and Mike indeed you are correct. I keep making the mistake of reading the dictionary. ;-P I don't see anything there that refers to only working with containers, only that the results of the calculation is affected.

But it's more complex than even that. Given:

set the numberFormat to "0.00"
put 0 into textprice
put textprice

displays 0, not 0.00. So a calculation *must* be performed on a variable *and* the variable put into a container in order for this to take effect. What I am going to do instead to initialize a numberic variable is to add 0 to a variable.

The second part I am sketchy on tho. I think the script editor variable watcher is itself a livecode stack with livecode fields, so it ought to reflect the results of numberFormat, however numberFormat applies only to the local script it is set in, so how that could be accomplished I do not know.

I think I will put in a feature request to update the dictionary to reflect this.

Bob S