strange behaviour of standalone builder

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Feb 12 10:55:20 EST 2018


Ah. I misunderstood your post. 

Bob S


> On Feb 12, 2018, at 07:53 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
> 
> This is the same discussion I have been having for over a year now. Maybe 2. The workaround is to only build for one platform at a time, and quit LC between builds. LC seems to be getting confused about which is the original and which is the copy. It makes a mess of the stack files in your project. You will have to go back to the mainstack or whatever you build from and make sure the included files and stack files are not pointing to copies before building again. 
> 
> Bob S
> 
> 
>> On Feb 12, 2018, at 05:25 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi friends,
>> 
>> see subject...
>> 
>> I have a folder with a command line utility, one for Mac and one for Windows.
>> I put this into a folder in -> "specialfolderpath("resources") & "/theCLI"
>> adn add it via "Copy files" to my standalone.
>> 
>> Folder structure
>> theCLI (folder)
>> play ## Mac version
>> play.exe
>> an_important.dll
>> 
>> Now after I built a standalone, Windows worked fine, but nothing worked on my Mac?
>> Usdually it is the other way round ;-)
>> 
>> So I took a look at the Mac application package and found that the standalone builder 
>> had put the Mac version of the CLI into the ENGINE folder in a "copy?" of the original folder
>> but only containing the Mac version? 8-)
>> 
>> In the standalone:
>> specialfolderpath("engine")
>> theCLI  (folder)
>>  play ## Mac Version
>> 
>> specialfolderpath("resources")
>> theCLI  (folder)
>>  play.exe
>>  an_important.dll
>> 
>> This is very clever of the engine on one side, but very stupid on the other!?
>> What gives?
>> 
>> So if I now access that CLI in scripts in the standalone via specialfolderpath("engine")
>> everything works as advertized, but this cannot be the real McCoy, does it?
>> 
>> Now the thing does not work in the IDE unless I script also to differ between 
>> IDE and standalone, no big fun really, sigh.
>> 
>> Tested with LC 8.1.9 stable and LC 9dp 11.
>> 
>> Bug or (very undocumented) feature?
>> Or just a egomaniacal behaviour of the engine?
>> 
>> Any hints, comments and whatnot very appreciated! :-)
>> 
>> 
>> Best
>> 
>> Klaus
>> --
>> Klaus Major
>> http://www.major-k.de
>> klaus at major-k.de
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode





More information about the Use-livecode mailing list